"I just can't get it out of mind" is a comment many of my clients offer me on a consistent basis. They continue to "feed" the thought, they continue to give it energy. Most will tell me as I ask them about "peaceful thoughts", that it doesn't feel right.
My clients are mostly recovering addicts who seem to have a very sensitive nature. So, when they tell me that it doesn't feel right or good, I know that the pain which accompanies that statement is a source of stress and unless it is sorted, could ultimately lead to relapse.
Those who have experimented in meditation are the ones who seem to be to overcome this obstacle with greatest ease. As a result they seem to be able to cope with many other stressful situations and become far more pro-active in all areas of life. They become aware that their stress strategy is a learned strategy so they can learn a new strategy. Meditation is the best place to "feed" this strategy for peace
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment