Many years ago I had an experience which changed my mind about the value of food as a stressor.
The centre where I was teaching had a very bright receptionist. She was a single mum with a four year old boy. She took him to work with her every day. He was a rascal (I'm using a very mild word for a real walking disaster !). He was constantly hyper. I actually thought that he was mentally retarded. It always surprised me that a woman who was so bright could have a child so utterly stupid and wild.
As I left for lunch one day I noticed that the child was having lunch. His diet was cola, crisps, and sweet cakes.
I asked her if she was having difficulty with the child. She informed that he never slept, he broke everything and could not concentrate. I further asked her if his lunch diet was a constant. She replied yes and added that he had a similar fare for breakfast. His dinner consisted of burger and chips.
I suggested that she change his diet to a more wholesome diet, that she eliminate sweet sugary products, that she replace colas, cakes with juices and fruit.
My next contract at her centre was three weeks later. As I entered the reception area I noticed a little boy peacefully drawing at a table in the corner. I asked her how things were with her son, she just smiled and pointed to the boy in the corner. She told me that there had been an amazing turn-around. He was sleeping, he was interested in learning. He was mixing better with his peers. she told me that he was "more loveable" - strong words for a mother!
We may be suffereing like the young boy by eating food that is too acidy. I changed to an alkaline based approach to eating - my energy soared, my sleep pattern bettered itself. I even lost weight ! Check out the alkaline diet
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment