Today at work, I listened to a relapsed drinker whinge in self-pity as he justified again and again his present situation. This could be expected as I have found that most "hard" drinkers work out of a core of "me". Not only is it "me" but it is compounded as "poor me". This makes life very stressful for the individual.
How to break this unhealthy focus on self? A great way I have used myself is meditation because meditation helps create that safe place where I can confront all my stress symptoms with courage. Meditation reaches the core where self-obsession resides, so it easily creates deep and permanent change.
"He only is wise who devotes himself to realizing, not reading only, the ancient relevations. Solve all your problems through meditation. Exchange unprofitable religious speculations for actual God-contact." - Paramhansa Yogananda
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment