Monday, June 22, 2009

Dealing with Stress "off stage"

I'm constantly intrigued by the number of stressful people claiming that they must begin dealing with their stress as soon as it surfaces. It sounds like going to war without training and expecting to be successful in a total alien situation!
Years ago I watched a film documentary on Manchester United. A certain David Beckham was just beginning his career at the club. After the team finished it's training stint, David appeared with a bag of balls and two small circular targets which he placed in top corners of the goal posts. He then spent the next hour "taking shots" at the targets from a variety positions and locations on the pitch.
In spite of the belief of the afore mentioned stressful people to the contrary, we CAN play at "taking shots" to conquer stress. It is really important to our success that we do it.
I have found meditation to be an effective medium where I can "take shots". LifeFlow brings me into the meditative state where I can perfect my shots again and just like David, it becomes a totally natural skill. I like LifeFlow because I can combine it with a huge variety of other holistic methodologies. It enhances the speed and effectiveness of these methodologies

No comments:

Post a Comment